Heels on Wheels is taking off on our fifth annual queer performance tour of the US and Canada April 11-20, 2014.
- April 11: Brattleboro, VT @ The Root Social Justice Center: 8pm
- April 12: Amherst / CLPP Conference @ Hampshire: 1p workshop, 8pm show
- April 13: Montreal @ L’Artere: 8pm
- April 14: Toronto @ Tranzac: 8pm
- April 15: Detroit @ Wayne State University Poetry SlamSeries, 6:30pm
- April 16: Ann Arbor @ The Neutral Zone: 4pm worshop, 7pm show
- April 17: Pittsburgh @ Irma Freeman Center for Imagination: 8pm
- April 18: New York, NY @ Judson Memorial Church: 8pm
- April 19: Providence, RI @ Spark City (ask your friends! secret space!): 9pm
- April 20: Brooklyn @ JACK: 7:30pm
You can get tickets to our shows here, or as always pay cash on a sliding scale at the door: http://www.eventbrite.com/e/glitter-roadshow-tickets-11048168369
Please support our work by donating using PayPal using this link:
Heels on Wheels is a NYC-based group of queer femme-inine spectrum artists and organizers. The show itself consists of six performers, local acts in every city – and a dance party if you’re lucky! The 2014 Glitter Roadshow features Damien Luxe, Heather Ács, Shomi Noise, Sabina Ibarrola, Angel Nafis, Alvis Parsley, and wrangler artist Lizxnn Disaster.
Event listings HERE: http://www.heelsonwheelsroadshow.com/events/
Facebook here: https://www.facebook.com/events/1413625778897420/
Shomi Noise plays guitar and reads from her zine series “Building Up Emotional Muscles,” the story of her journey as a Bolivian immigrant navigating U.S. culture and finding herself through alternative music scenes. Damien Luxe’s multimedia “Femme Footprints In The Sand” plays with mermaids and powdered milk to explore thriving past poverty and trauma. Heather Ács’ “Welcome to the Waldorf Hysteria” uses multi-media high-femme drag histrionics to reach beyond language and ask, what do we gain when we lose control? Angel Nafis’ poetry celebrates the everything and everywhere of her world, of love and divinity, of her black girl brilliance in its vastness and depth. Alvis Parsley‘s heartfelt confession draws on their experiences as a genderqueer Asian while questioning the roles of institutions, authority, and the ecosystem of the arts with both humor and tenderness. Sabina Ibarrola melts down and melts hearts in a pop culture performative exploration of breaking up and breaking through with the help of karaoke and Carrie Bradshaw. This year also includes a video program including work by Louis Chavez, Kristin Li, Ellie Beth, Jacqueline Mary, and Celeste Chan.
Please tell your friends & come out to see the glitter and grit for yourself!! Don’t miss the fifth Heels on Wheels Glitter Roadshow!
Heels on Wheels is also FUNdraising:www.heelsonwheelsroadshow.com/donate
Please donate to support this grassroots tour easily online via PayPal: